Lake Hopatcong Foundation Awards, Grants, and Honors
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation is proud to have received several awards from various community groups as recognition for our efforts, as well as a number of grants to support our efforts. Those grants help bring outside funds to the Lake Hopatcong community and enhance our membership’s support for a variety of programs. Those awards, grants, and honors include:
- The Morris County Chamber of Commerce awarded its Not-For-Profit Volunteer Excellence Award to the LHF for our Lake Hopatcong Fall Cleanup in November of 2013.
- New Jersey Clean Communities awarded its Clean Water Award to the LHF for the Fall Cleanup.
- The Daily Record awarded the LHF its Grassroots Award for the Floating Wetland Islands Project, which was installed in July 2014.
- In 2014, LHF president Jessica K. Murphy was honored to have completed the Morris County Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Morris program.
- The Lake Hopatcong Foundation and the Musconetcong Watershed Association together received a grant from the Watershed Institute in 2015 to develop a Watershed Report Card.
- In the spring of 2015, the Lake Hopatcong Foundation won a BoatUS Grassroots Grant of $7,500 toward creating an informative map that teaches about clean boating and invasive species. Winning was made possible by the nearly 40,000 votes cast by those in the Lake Hopatcong community (and beyond). Thank you!
- In July 2015, we were awarded a grant from the Morris County Historic Preservation Trust of $192,500 toward paying down the purchase price of the Lake Hopatcong Train Station building.
- In August 2015, the LHF was awarded a $5,000 grant by the National Trust for Historic Preservation from Henry A. Jordan Preservation Excellence Fund; these grant funds will be used toward architectural services for the building’s exterior.
- The 1772 Foundation and the New Jersey Historic Trust in 2015 awarded the Lake Hopatcong Foundation a grant of $13,264 toward the initial repointing phase of the Lake Hopatcong Train Station masonry.