The Lake Loop lake paddle is an on the water experience on beautiful Lake Hopatcong. The paddle is not timed. Participants will navigate the well-marked, 2.5-mile course at their own pace, making it as relaxing or challenging as desired!
The paddle can be completed with a kayak, canoe or paddle board. All three are available to rent for $20 from Ramsey Outdoor, just add the rental during the registration process. Paddlers are also welcome to bring their own craft.
You don’t need to be an athlete to participate in the Lake Loop lake paddle, it’s a very casual event that’s a lot of fun. The course is well marked with buoys and there is plenty of assistance for participants each step of the way!
- Event Times: Paddlers will be able to enter the course any time between 11 am and 1 pm. The course closes at 2 pm.
- Course Duration: The course takes approximately 30 minutes for the average paddler.
- Off-Loading Service: Assistance will be available to help off-load crafts and bring them to the water.
- Boat Wash: All Crafts will be washed in a mild water and bleach solution to ensure that no evasive species enter Lake Hopatcong.
- Safety Check: Coast Guard approved life jackets are required for all paddling participants.
- Course Safety: Safety personnel will be patrolling the course with wave runners. In addition, a water rescue boat and the Coast Guard Auxiliary will be available to assist, if necessary.
Get ready for the Lake Loop lake paddle by joining us for our first Lake Loop training event – a free relaxed paddle on Lake Hopatcong on Saturday, September 15 at 9 am. Bring your own kayak, canoe, or paddle board. Meet at the Lake Hopatcong Foundation parking lot (37 Nolan’s Point Park Road) and launch next to the Windlass. Plan to be on the water for approximately 90 minutes. PFD (life jacket) and paddle experience required. Register by indicating you are going on Facebook HERE.
There’s something for everyone at the 2018 Lake Loop, which will offer participants bike, run and paddle challenges on Sunday, Oct.7 at Hopatcong State Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of beautiful Lake Hopatcong while participating in one, two or all three events in support of New Jersey’s largest lake. Come challenge yourself and then relax while enjoying great local food, a beer tent, live entertainment and more!
Find more information about Lake Loop 2018 HERE.