You don’t have to be an athlete to enjoy the Lake Loop lake paddle, a casual, on-the-water experience on beautiful Lake Hopatcong. The course is well marked with buoys and there is plenty of assistance for participants each step of the way. The lake paddle is not timed, so participants can navigate the course at their own pace, making it as relaxing or challenging as desired.
The lake paddle can be completed with a kayak, canoe or paddleboard. All three are available to rent for $20 from Ramsey Outdoor, just add the rental during the registration process. Paddlers are also welcome to bring their own craft.
- Event Times: Paddlers will be able to enter the course any time between 11 am and 1 pm. The course closes at 2 pm.
- Course Duration: The course takes approximately 30 minutes for the average paddler.
- Off-Loading Service: Assistance will be available to help off-load crafts and bring them to the water.
- Boat Wash: All Crafts will be washed in a mild water and bleach solution to ensure that no evasive species enter Lake Hopatcong.
- Safety Check: Coast Guard-approved life jackets are required for all paddling participants.
- Course Safety: Safety personnel will be patrolling the course with wave runners. In addition, a water rescue boat and the Coast Guard Auxiliary will be available to assist, if necessary.
Lake Loop 2019 offers participants bike, run and paddle challenges on Sunday, October 13 at Hopatcong State Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of beautiful Lake Hopatcong while participating in one, two or all three events in support of New Jersey’s largest lake. Come challenge yourself and then relax while enjoying great local food, a beer tent (permit #72563), live entertainment and more!
Find more information about Lake Loop HERE.