One of the real joys of the holiday season is this opportunity to thank our supporters and friends for everything they have helped us accomplish over the past year. Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to:
- Educate more than 1,200 students through our spring field trip program and on our Floating Classroom, where we teach classes about Lake Hopatcong and what they can do to protect it.
- Facilitate and host the gathering of other lake groups from around the state to discuss HAB response as well as host monthly meetings with the mayors of the four lakeside municipalities to discuss opportunities to collectively support the lake environment.
- Create a Lake-Friendly Living Guide with simple, positive steps that can be taken to help protect the water quality of our beautiful lake.
- Welcome more than 700 visitors to the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition, “Water/Ways,” which we hosted for six weeks at the Lake Hopatcong Foundation Environmental and Cultural Center.
- Hold the biggest Lake Hopatcong Block Party ever, with more than 4,000 visitors coming together with nearly 200 businesses and organizations, to kick off summer and celebrate all things Lake Hopatcong.
To all who helped to make these and so many more accomplishments possible, we extend our warmest wishes for the holiday season and a prosperous and peaceful new year.