Lake Hopatcong Block Party
Saturday, May 12
10 am – 5 pm – rain or shine!
Hopatcong State Park, Landing, New Jersey
The Lake Hopatcong Block Party brings an estimated 3,000+ community visitors together with businesses, non-profit organizations, craft vendors, community groups and food merchants. Guests will also be entertained with live music, boat and mini-train rides, on-the-water demonstrations and a children’s area.
WEATHER UPDATE: Though the forecast calls for some showers early on and possible thunderstorms later in the day, late morning and early afternoon look seasonable and cloudy! The Block Party is a RAIN OR SHINE event. We are a GO for Saturday, May 12. As a volunteer commented on our facebook post, “Updated forecast: Frequent fun-derstorms with heavy participation and 100 percent chance of happiness!”
Come Hungry… Leave Happy…
This year’s block party will have a “food court” featuring spudwiches, empanadas, sausage and peppers, pizza, gourmet grilled cheese, tacos, BBQ, pickles, pastries, donuts, ice cream, kettle corn and MORE!
See a full list of offerings here: Lake Hopatcong Foundation 2018 Block Party – Food Vendors
The Lake Hopatcong Block Party will showcase a wide variety of artists, crafters, businesses, non-profit organizations, community groups and food vendors.
Entertainment and Demonstration Schedule
Big Boss Sausage 10:15 am – 1 pm
Tropical Storm 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
|10:00 AM||Opening Ceremony / Public Service Announcement (“PSA”)|
|11:00 AM||Margaret C. Pflug Children’s Book Reading / “The Cat Cavalry’s Digging Adventure”/PSA|
|NOON||An Clar School of Irish Dance/PSA|
|12:15 PM||Roxbury Model Airplane Club – Flight Demonstration/PSA|
|1:00 PM||50/50 Drawing/PSA|
|1:15 PM||Tropical Storm|
|2:00 PM||Rizzo’s Reptiles|
|2:45 PM||Trinity Martial Arts & Krav Maga|
|3:00 PM||Roxbury Model Airplane Club – Flight Demonstration|
|4:15 PM||Sunshine Dancers|
|4:45 PM||50/50 Drawing|
|4:50 PM||Passport Adventure Drawing|
|5:00 PM||Closing Remarks|
Passport Adventure (one passport per household)
New this year, the Passport Adventure encourages guests to explore the Block Party. Visit participating sponsors, get the required stamps and submit the passport to be entered in a drawing for a treasure chest of prizes!
Passports will be available at the Passport Adventure tent, located in front of the pavilion, right of the information tent. Each participating sponsor will have the Passport Adventure icon attached to their booth. Once the required stamps are collected, passports must be submitted back at the Passport Adventure tent to be entered into the drawing. Winners need not be present, contact information must be provided.
Prizes will include:
– Purified/Remineralized Drinking Water System (Reverse Osmosis), courtesy of Culligan – retail value $799
– All in one Dell Computer, wireless mouse/keyboard, courtesy of the Lake Hopatcong Foundation – retail value $600
– Frog Falls Family Membership, courtesy of Picatinny MWR – retail value $485
– Full day Bennington Pontoon Boat Rental (weekday), courtesy of Defeo’s Marina – retail value $400
– 2 Months Unlimited Yoga, courtesy of Kula Yoga and Wellness – retail value $360
– Pontoon Rental on Greenwood Lake, ½ day, courtesy of Sportsmans Marina – retail value $300
– Live the Lake NJ gift basket, courtesy of Live the Lake NJ – retail value $250
– Kid’s Birthday Party, courtesy of Circle Bowl and Entertainment – retail value $229
– Cooler Basket filled with goodies, courtesy of MarineMax – retail value $200
– Table top propane/gas heater, courtesy of Combined Energy – retail value $200
– Residential Exterior Application for General Pests, courtesy of Accurate Pest Control – retail value $155
– Airport or Cruise Port Transfer Gift Certificate, courtesy of Minuteman II Limousine and Car Service – retail value $100
Children’s Scavenger Hunt (12 years and younger)
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation’s Lake Life Kid’s Scavenger Hunt is back again this year…and better than ever! The hunt is a great way to have some extra family fun while wandering the block party and exploring the state park. Scavenger Hunt cards will be available at the Scavenger Hunt tent in the Kid Zone (Zone BK). The Hunt will include hands on activities, fun giveaways and lots of learning opportunities about life at Lake Hopatcong! Cards will need to be punched at multiple stops. Completed cards can be returned to the Scavenger Hunt tent for a free ice cream coupon from Jefferson Dairy (while supplies last, cannot be used during the Block Party).
50/50 raffle tickets will be available at 3 locations in zones A, B and BBC. Tents will be clearly marked with banners. Tickets will be $10.00 for 10 and $20.00 for 30. Two drawings will be pulled, the first at 1:00 pm (red tickets) and the second at 4:45pm (blue tickets). Winners need not be present, contact information must be provided. Past winners have taken home $600 to $1,600!
There are five parking sites (listed below) available for the 5th Annual Lake Hopatcong Block Party. All off-site parking will have free shuttle service running approximately every 15 minutes.
1. Hopatcong State Park – $6.00 donation – 260 Lakeside Blvd, Landing NJ
2. Landing Park Recreation Complex – Free – 165 Landing Road, Landing NJ
3. Landing Shopping Center – Free – 175 Lakeside Blvd, Landing NJ
4. Hopatcong Senior Center – Free – 32 Lakeside Blvd, Hopatcong NJ
5. Lake Hopatcong Ball Fields – Free – 32 Lakeside Blvd, Hopatcong NJ
Find more details about parking for the big event here: 5th Annual Lake Hopatcong Block Party– Ample Parking for the Big 2018 Event
You don’t need to live on the lake to be involved in the lake! We are looking for a big group of volunteers to make the Lake Hopatcong Block Party an amazing kick off to the summer season on the lake.
This is a FUN day, and you get to work with our fabulous volunteer coordinator, Judy Caruso (that’s Judy below in the grey sweatshirt and purple hat)!
5th Annual Lake Hopatcong Block Party Sponsors
Thank you to all of our sponsors who so generously support this annual tradition that brings local community groups, businesses, organizations, crafters and food vendors for a day that kicks off the summer season and celebrates all facets of Lake Hopatcong life.