It’s finally here! The 2019 Lake Hopatcong Block Party, held at Hopatcong State Park, is set to celebrate New Jersey’s largest lake tomorrow, May 11 from 10 am to 5 pm. The Block Party brings visitors together with businesses, non-profit organizations, community groups, crafters, and food vendors for a day that kicks off the summer season and celebrates all facets of Lake Hopatcong life. Guests will also enjoy live demonstrations, raffles, giveaways, boat and trackless-train rides, and a children’s scavenger hunt and activity area
The 2019 Lake Hopatcong Block Party is organized by the Lake Hopatcong Foundation. Live the Lake NJ is the main event sponsor.
There’s so much to see and do at the 2019 Lake Hopatcong Block Party. Below please find parking information, maps, schedules, and details on the numerous ways to make the most of a day at the Lake Hopatcong Block Party!
There are five parking sites (listed below) available for the 2019 Lake Hopatcong Block Party. All off-site parking will have free shuttle service running approximately every 15 minutes.
1. Hopatcong State Park – $10.00 donation – 260 Lakeside Blvd, Landing NJ
2. Landing Park Recreation Complex – Free – 165 Landing Road, Landing NJ
3. Landing Shopping Center – Free – 175 Lakeside Blvd, Landing NJ
4. Hopatcong Senior Center – Free – 32 Lakeside Blvd, Hopatcong NJ
5. Lake Hopatcong Ball Fields – Free – 32 Lakeside Blvd, Hopatcong NJ
See map HERE
Browse to your heart’s content
With 200 vendors, including crafters, food vendors, businesses, non-profits, and community organizations, there’s something for everyone!
Come hungry, leave happy
Visit the food court for a delicious selection of food and treats. Barbecue, pickles, lobster rolls, empanadas, maple candies, playa bowls, Polish food, funnel cakes, spudwiches, kettle corn, shaved ice, gourmet grilled cheese, cupcakes, coffee, donuts, pizza, and so much more! Maybe you should skip breakfast.
Event maps, alphabetical vendor lists, and detailed zone maps for easy navigating while exploring the Block Party.
Stop by the demonstration area, straight through the pavilion, to check out something exciting happening all day!
10:00 AM – Opening Ceremonies
10:15 AM – Roxbury Area Model Airplane Club – Live Demo
10:30 AM – Knee Deep Club – Live Demo
10:35 AM – Falconer – Live Demo
11:00 AM – An Clar School of Irish Dance – Live Demo
11:30 AM – Jefferson Twp FD Defender Fire Boat – Live Demo
12:00 PM – Mayor’s Moment: Jefferson Township
12:15 PM – Rizzo’s Reptiles – Live Demo
12:30 PM – Mayor’s Moment: Borough of Hopatcong
1:00 PM – 1st 50/50 Drawing
1:05 PM – Mayor’s Moment: Borough of Mt. Arlington
1:10 PM – Crossfit J-Town – Live Demo
1:30 PM – Mayor’s Moment: Roxbury Township
1:35 PM – Roxbury Area Model Airplane Club – Live Demo
2:00 PM – Canine Costume Parade
2:10 PM – Hopatcong HS Jazz Band Live Performance
2:30 PM – Ancient Fighting Arts – Live Demo
3:00 PM – Canine Awards Ceremony (“The Barkys”)
3:10 PM – Roxbury 1st Robotics – Live Demo
3:30 PM – Rizzo’s Reptiles – Live Demo
4:00 PM – An Clar School of Irish Dance – Live Demo
4:45 PM – 2nd 50/50 Drawing
4:50 PM – Passport Adventure Drawing
4:55 PM – Closing Remarks
- Pet product vendors, organizations and resource info
- Canine Costume Parade at 2 pm with prizes
- “Pooches & Smooches” photo opportunity
Parking is available at Hopatcong State Park ($10 donation). If lot is full, guests with dogs must park nearby at Full Life Assembly of God (7 Brooklyn-Stanhope Road) and walk across to the Park. Dogs are not permitted on bus shuttles, unless they are service dogs.
*Please remember to clean up after your dog. All dogs must be on leash (no extender leashes). No dogs are allowed on the beach per State Park rules.
Boat rides on the Miss Lotta
Lake Hopatcong Cruises will providing four complimentary cruises during the Block Party. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis scheduled throughout the day.
Free cruise schedule:
VIP Block Party Cruise
For the first year, Lake Hopatcong Cruises will be offering a VIP Block Party Cruise at 1 pm. The cost will be $20 per person for a special hour-long cruise. Tickets can be pre-purchased HERE and will also be available on-site, if tickets remain. Outside food is permitted (so stop by the food court before boarding!) and beverages can be purchased on-board.
Trackless train rides
Trackless train rides that run through the paved trails in Hopatcong State Park providing a delightful bird’s-eye view of the 2019 Block Party.
Support the rehabilitation of the Lake Hopatcong train station with your train ride ticket! $4 per person (children 3 and under free with paid adult) or $15 per family. Family includes parents/guardians and children within a household.
All marinas and boat displays will be located in one convenient location along Marina Way.
Passport Adventure (one passport per household)
The Passport Adventure encourages guests to explore the Block Party. Visit participating sponsors, get the required stamps and submit your passport to be entered in a drawing for a Prize of your choosing!
Passports will be available at the Passport Adventure tent, located in front right side of the pavilion. Each participating sponsor will have the Passport Adventure icon attached to their booth. Once the required stamps are collected, passports must be submitted back at the Passport Adventure tent where prizes will be drawn tricky tray style. Winners need not be present, contact information must be provided.
Passport prize list
- Reverse Osmosis Purified Drinking Water System, courtesy of Culligan – retail value $800
- Staples $500 Gift Card, courtesy Staples – retail value $500
- Frog Falls Family Membership, courtesy of Picatinny MWR – retail value $485
- Luxury Pontoon Boat 1/2 day rental at the Jersey Shore in Highlands, courtesy Bridge Marina – retail value $385
- HO 3′ RAD (Round Aquatic Device), courtesy Lake Hopatcong Marine – retail value $350
- Pontoon Boat 1/2 day rental at Greenwood Lake, courtesy Sportsman Marina -retail value $ 300.
- 2 Months Unlimited Yoga, courtesy of Kula Yoga and Wellness – retail value $295
- Pontoon Boat 1/2 day rental at Lake’s End Lake Hopatcong, courtesy of Lake’s End Marina – retail value $260
- Nolan’s Point Experience Baskets, courtesy of Live the Lake NJ – retail value $250
- One Month Rental of a Storage Unit, courtesy of U-Stor-It of Jefferson – retail value $285
- Nolan’s Point Experience Baskets, courtesy of Live the Lake NJ – retail value $150
- Lake Hopatcong Blanket, courtesy Fox Architectural Design – retail value $80
- AT&T Branded wireless Speaker, courtesy AT&T Wireless – retail value $85
- Nolan’s Point Experience Baskets, courtesy of Live the Lake NJ – retail value $75
- Plow & Hearth Hammock Chair (for humans) with a dog-themed pillow, courtesy Animal Care Centers – retail value $60
- A floating zero gravity lounge, courtesy Patsy’s Bay Marina – retail value $60
- QuickChek gift cards, courtesy QuickChek – retail value $50
- $50.00 off of Round Trip service to EWR, JFK or LaGuardia Airport, courtesy Minuteman II Limousine and Car Service – retail value $50
- Dunkin Donuts Gift Basket, courtesy Mt Arlington Dunkin Donuts – retail value $25
Children’s scavenger hunt (12 years and younger)
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation’s Lake Life Kid’s Scavenger Hunt is back again this year…and better than ever! The hunt is a great way to have some extra family fun while wandering the block party and exploring the state park. Scavenger Hunt cards will be available at the Scavenger Hunt tent in the Kid Zone (Zone BK). The Hunt will include hands on activities, fun giveaways and lots of learning opportunities about life at Lake Hopatcong! Cards will need to be punched at multiple stops. Completed cards can be returned to the Scavenger Hunt tent for a free Cliff’s Ice Cream Skyscraper coupon!
Raffle tickets will be available at the Lake Hopatcong Foundation booth (pavilion area). Volunteers will also be walking around selling tickets throughout the day. Tickets will be $10.00 for 10 and $20.00 for 30. Two drawings will be pulled, the first at 1:00 pm (red tickets) and the second at 4:45pm (blue tickets). Winner need not be present as long as contact information is provided.
Block Party features
- The 501st Legion Storm Troopers
- The Hope One van from the Center for Addiction Recovery
- Project Self-Sufficiency’s PSS Journey, a mobile unit providing computer classes, case management and support
- Mayors Corner – interact with town officials from Hopatcong, Jefferson, Mount Arlington, and Roxbury.
- Children’s ID program and public safety touch-a-truck opportunities from Roxbury Community Policing.
- First-aid units from Jefferson, Roxbury and Hopatcong
- Jefferson’s fire boat DEFENDER
- Mount Arlington’s antique fire truck
- and so much more!